The HR Generalist will report directly to the HR Manager and will assist the organization in achieving its strategic goals and objectives. This position provides HR generalist support to the business in all aspects of human resources including but not limited to, communication of policies and procedures, employee relations, federal/state legislation, compensation and benefits, performance management, HRIS support, and HR data reporting and analytics. The HR Generalist will facilitate a culture that cares for our associates, and ensures all employee matters are handled with respect and fairness.
- Responds to any violations of policy and generally assists with resolving conflict in the workplace in an efficient, sensitive, diplomatic and confidential manner. Conducts applicable reviews and investigations.
- Keeps all included parties informed of case status and effectively communicates obligations and requirements to ensure that the case is handled in a timely and accurate way and in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- Assists managers as needed in preparing corrective action documents and preparing for employee conversations (partners to resolve as needed).
- Provides recommendations and escalates complaints to a level of disciplinary or legal action when necessary and is responsible for the administration for progressive discipline and manages the process to completion.
- Coordinates review of employment law pertaining to guidance as appropriate in cases that may result in potential legal action.
- Updates employees with any changes in company policy and advises supervisors on treatment of staff and company policies.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
- Supports and administers engagement activities and manages exit process by handling administration of exit interviews for voluntary terminations and assisting with administration of involuntary terminations.
- Instills a culture of accountability by contributing to and supporting effective performance management practices
HR Services & Compliance
- Effectively responds to employee and manager concerns and/or inquiries and assists in resolution of daily inquiries; processes paperwork as applicable.
- Supports HR leadership by managing and monitoring HRIS data and tasks.
- Analyzes, examines, tracks and provides employee data for reporting purposes; participates in quality assurance initiatives of the department.
- Identifies trends, and makes recommendations to the appropriate leadership team(s) for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Administers FMLA, short term/long term disability, general leave administration and Workers’ Compensation.
- Designs and administers Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Models and supports our company culture in manner that reflects our mission and values
- Actively contributes to creating, enhancing, and implementing HR programs and best practices
- Maintains and leads HR projects and business initiatives as directed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a demonstrated, solid knowledge of employment laws (including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, FLSA, DOL, EEO, OFCCP, and Workers Compensation; national compliance exposure for a government contractor is ideal) on federal, state, and jurisdictional level.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues and resolve complaints in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a confidential environment, collaboratively.
- Possess great interpersonal skills with ability to exercise sound judgement and problem solving sills in order to regularly and efficiently resolve conflicts. Must be able to exercise empathy and objectivity, simultaneously.
- Possesses confidence to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues; uses judgement consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Excellent analytical abilities and well-developed problem solving skills; must be skilled at researching, analyzing, and formatting various types of data.
- Articulate and solid communicator with effective presentation skills; ability to communicate complex concepts both verbally and in writing.
- Strong relationship-building skills required to productively interact across all levels of the organization; must be a team player on all fronts.
- High personal standards and ability to represent the RS&H brand.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and changing priorities paired with sound decision-making, follow up skills, planning and organizational skills.
- Minimal travel required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; preferred in Business Management or in Human Resources Management
- Minimum five years of HR experience
- Comprehensive employee relations experience is required with experience with diagnosing, isolating and resolving complex issues
- Demonstrated HR systems experience (UltiPro strongly preferred), Business Intelligence platforms; experience with Deltek Vision, SharePoint and iCIMS is a plus.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience supporting a multi-unit and geographically disperse operations
- Professional HR Certification (PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) is preferred
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.